Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Poll Workers In Brooklyn


IMG_7087.JPG, originally uploaded by tarafireball.

This was the first time in my life that I had to wait on line to vote and I've done a lot of voting. Our neighbor had texted me that she'd had a long long wait earlier in the day so I came prepared. I didn't have to wait in the long line outside because my neighbors insisted that I could go in front because I had a child in the stroller. I went inside and ended up waiting in the wrong line inside and then was sent to the proper line.

The workers inside our polling place were friendly and helpful as was everyone there to vote. It was a crowd. The atmosphere inside was on the verge of festive, with everyone trying to get the serious business done.

I took a few pictures inside with my big camera and the poll workers asked me where I was from. I said "down the street, I am just excited". They laughed and said they were excited too and were hoping to get a copy of the pictures. I ran into friend there who were also with their kids and big cameras. I hope they get these pictures because I have no way to get in touch with them.

It was an incredibly exciting moment.

No comments: